JOHN C. HSU
John has been managing his family’s investment portfolio of publicly listed securities, hedge funds, properties, private equity and venture capital for the past 20+ years, and has been a Director of corporate and entrepreneurial drama in companies ranging from fabless semiconductor design to consumer electronics, from tech hedge fund to asset management, from bulk shipping to container shipping. In reel life, he’s an avid audio/video buff; running and photography have also been his passion for 30+ years. Born in Japan to Shanghainese parents, Tokyo, New York and Hong Kong have been his homes. John received an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BA from Colgate University.
JAMES C. CHIE
James graduated with a B.A. from Cornell University and an Executive MBA from Washington University, Olin School of Business.
- James is currently a Director, based in Singapore heading up the institutional banking business for Santander’s Southeast Asian franchise. He relocated from Hong Kong in October 2010.
- James joined Banco Santander in May 2008 as a senior banker covering Hong Kong and Taiwan and was responsible for starting and growing new corporate relationships for the Asia division.
- From 2006 he was Vice-President and regional banker for multinational companies at Bank of America, Hong Kong Branch.
- He was corporate finance manager at SMIC, China’s largest semiconductor company for two years in Shanghai prior to this. He structured various bank and capital markets financings for SMIC during his tenure there.
- He began his career in Boston with Fleet Boston Robertson Stephens in 2000 in the leverage finance and high yield capital markets department.
- James also currently is a partner and investor in Bistecca Tuscan Steakhouse, located in Singapore
- James is also an independent consultant for the New York Immigration Fund.
Phillip Yin is an anchor for CCTV’s English Language News Channel based in Washington, DC. Yin is a former reporter and anchor for Bloomberg Television. Yin covered news from the Asia-Pacific region including economic and business developments in Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and other regional cities.Prior to joining Bloomberg Television, Yin served as a senior portfolio strategy advisor at Unifund S.A, the Geneva-based investment company, where he provided institutional advisory services for an Asia-focused portfolio of private and public equity assets. Yin has also served in the Asia Portfolio program at Charles Schwab (based in Hong Kong) and prior to that, he served as a Hong Kong-based anchor/correspondent for CNBC Asia. Earlier in his career, Yin worked in Seattle, WA for CIBC Oppenheimer and UBS PaineWebber.
Yin received an International MBA from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. and an undergraduate Business degree from the University of Washington.